To our GAPfurniture family,
We’ve been thinking a lot about you lately — our customers, our employees, and our greater communities. Your health and safety are our top priorities and at the heart of every decision we make. We believe it’s critical to do our part to help reduce the transmission of COVID-19. Here are some of the steps we are taking to protect everyone in this ever-evolving situation.
We are working tirelessly to make sure that the products you love are available when you want them, delivered in the safest way possible.
However, with many states issuing stay-at-home orders, some of our warehouses have had to reduce their staff significantly. This can mean that warehouses have longer than normal shipping times. We have done our best to ensure our delivery estimates are accurate, however unexpected events can delay deliveries. We appreciate your patience as we work to ensure everyone’s safety.
- We are diligently following guidelines and best practices from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Across all of our facilities and delivery operations, we have increased our daily cleaning routines, including more frequent handwashing, use of sanitizer, and cleaning of equipment.
- Our customer service team is available to answer any questions about your experience, work with you on the best delivery option, and provide more information on the many precautions we’re taking to protect your health and safety.
We are equally committed to taking care of our employees.
- We are providing emergency paid time off to enable team members who are not feeling well to stay home without losing pay.
- We are asking individuals to refrain from travel unless critical, and have established quarantine procedures after traveling to high-risk areas.
- We have consulted a medical expert in epidemiology and infectious disease to ensure we are taking all necessary steps to protect the safety and well-being of our people.
- We are providing resources to help employees modify how they work, including flex scheduling for caregivers and remote work wherever possible.
- We have created forums to keep employees connected and up to date with information to help them stay healthy.
While the environment around us is uncertain, we take comfort in the fact that we have a world-class team and a compassionate and loyal community of customers. We stand ready to serve and hope that our websites, apps, and social channels can be a source of support, inspiration, and solutions for you — because sometimes we all need a break from the news.
Thank you for being a part of the GAPfurniture family.